Security tags for Microsoft Office and files
Make sure all your users think about security when they create documents and assign the appropriate classification security tags - with janusSEAL Documents
janusSEAL Documents is an add-on for the Microsoft Office Suite that compels your users to assign a security tag to every document they create in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Rich Text Format (RTF), Portable Document Format (PDF) and many other commonly used files in commercial environments.
janusSEAL Documents is centrally administered via Microsoft Group Policy and helps you to:
- Develop a more security-conscious culture
- Spread the burden of security among your users and free up the IT security team
- Reduce setup and improve performance of your other IT security systems.
How it works
First you choose your security classifications, such as Personal, Public or Confidential, and which document types you wish to tag, and janusSEAL Documents does the rest, with these major benefits:
- Mandate - a popup presents a choice of security classes or tags to the user
- Certainty – all documents must be assigned a security tag when created
- Some user choice - where to place the security tag - header, footer or body of the document
- Flexibility - users can ‘retrofit’ security tags to similar documents using ‘search’ and ‘replace’
- Tamper evident - only the creator of the document can assign a security tag
- Automated - If integrated with janusSEAL for Outlook, emails will inherit the security tag of documents
- Adaptability - your administrator can update your security tags when and if your needs change.
What you need
janusSEAL Documents works with these applications:
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office365
on these platforms:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 workstation
- Windows 2008 or 2008 R2, 2012 or 2012 R2 domain infrastructure
with Microsoft Active Directory