Improve rules-based DLP using solid e-discovery processes
Data loss prevention processes can be used to safeguard against a range of scenarios. In some cases, DLP will focus on preventing emails reaching unauthorised recipients; in other cases, DLP will be used for inappropriate access control or to prevent use of unsanctioned transmission or media.
Whatever the objective, a rules-based DLP system can be difficult to set-up, maintain and control.
An effective rules-based DLP system relies on a robust e-discovery mechanism, enabling sensitive data to be controlled without wasting resources on non-sensitive material.
POWER YOUR DLP USING E-DISCOVERY
Solid e-discovery processes can be used to identify and mark sensitive data. Once information has been classified in this way, you can control it using a rules-based DLP system, while allowing e-discovery processes to work more forensically with the remaining content.
By identifying low risk content (which is unlikely to switch to sensitive), you avoid wasting time and resources on constant control of non-sensitive information.
Less Complexity, Lower Risk
A simplified approach to DLP makes it easier, faster and more cost-effective to safeguard your information against accidental loss.
- Identify non-sensitive information: so you can focus your efforts on the sensitive material
- Identify sensitive information: Sound e-discovery processes enable a clear distinction between sensitive and non-sensitive information so you can use your DLP control system(s).
- Filter and manage sensitive emails to mobile: Prevent sensitive information being held on mobiles using a mobile email security solution like Janusgate.
- Limit distribution: use tools to prevent access and transmission
- Reduce the risk of accidental loss: Using fast and simple classification tools, accidental loss is reduced without affecting output.
Click here to find out more about mobile email filtering using Janusgate Mobile.
Talk to us about how we can help you simplify your DLP